كبخ بلادي

RESURRECTING MY SOURDOUGH STARTER

0
In the beginning, there was this, a sourdough starter. His name : Øyeblikk the First.
I gave him life in 4 or 5 days (notice that it's better than God huh! Hehe)

He was very active and strong, full of life.

He helped me to make beautiful breads. But they were definitely too acid.
Acidity helps to preserve the bread and gives a very special taste, but too much it’s not nice.

I didn't know what to do to make breads a little bit less acid, more balanced in taste.
Then I decided to make a break with Øyeblikk for a while and go back to a mere and soulless yeast.
But I didn't want to kill this sweet friend. Even so, I gave him life and I just cannot take it back from him.
So I put him to sleep without asking him. Yes, I vilely dehydrated him to create a backup for the future.
I hope I didn't kill him !

Since then, more than a year has passed.
I've just abandoned him in a small plastic bag lost among some kitchen stuff in the darkness of the bottom of a drawer.
But today I want to try to make bread with him again. I know he can make good bread !
I just hope it’s not too late.
So with the helps of the Gods and the magic of H2o I’m trying to resurrect Øyeblikk the First !
Today he’s making small bubbles. What should I understand about that ?
He’s alive, alive !!!!!


Copyright © 2008-2013 Cook, Eat & Move Fast [Pastry & Sports] | All rights reserved |

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق