كبخ بلادي

FLORENTINS

0
Finally the florentines !
Florentins are french biscuits created by a fellow named Florent. I found a lot of different recipies and the truth is there's not only one way to make them. So, I followed a mix between a recipe that I have in a pastry book and recipies that I found on internet. Actually, we can make them with or without butter, with or without cream, with or without flour, circular or in a square etc... Complicated but I had to choose one, then here is my recipe :
- 15 cl heavy cream,
- 50 gr honey,
- 50 gr sugar,
- 125 gr almonds in thin slices,
- 100 gr crystallized fruits (orange peel, cherries...),
- 50 gr flour,
- chocolate.
In a pan, put the sugar, honey and cream over a medium heat during 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the almonds, the crystallized fruits and the flour. Stir.
Put baking paper on a oven tray and pour the preparation on it. Try to get a thin layer (5 mm). You can make circular mouds instead (I guess it's better).
Bake for about 8~10 min in the oven at 150°C. Then, leave cool down, cut in pieces and spread the flat side with melted chocolate.
Well, they are good but I'm not really satisfied (I'm never satisfied). Next time I'll add less crystallized fruits, less flour. I'll have to caramelize a bit more the mixture (to get a nice brown color). And definitly I'll make them circular and thinner.

heavy cream, sugar, honey, sliced almonds, crystallized fruits and flour :
the mixture on the oven tray :
after cooking and cut in pieces :
spread with melted chocolate on the flat side :
Bon appétit :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق